[StBernard] Blighted List

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 11 00:04:11 EDT 2006

Like a dumb A$$ I tried to have my property removed from the blighted
list, today. I took off work, drove to Chalmette from Mandevlle, only to
find out that Mr. Hunnicutt was too busy to see any St. Bernard parish
residents today. Yep - he made the rules, - we have to visit him
personally - -I read the damned article "God has spoken" - "These are
stuctures we've heard nothing on. Nothing.!" That's a bold faced lie -
-I followed his bleeping rules from day one - - I placed the property on the
free gutting list - -( in December, '05) after having been told several
times by Mr Tafarro, and, Mrs Hoffmeister that the area in which my propery
was located was deemed for GREENSPACE - - don't spend money there!.
BUT, the rules changed - - ALL PROPERTY MUST BE MADE EASY ON THE EYES -
-GUT, CLEAN, HANG DOORS, WINDOWS, REMOVE THE BLUE TARPS - -forget that
we told you to sit on your hands for 7 months - -we're gonna give ya two
months to have it done. Then Mr. Hunnicutts gonna place a lien on your
blighted property.

In the mean time, I've had the propery gutted, cleaned, inspected for oil,
and inspected for structural soundness - - several $1000's of mine. When
is Mr Hunicutt going to see that the pile of trash that was created when the
house was gutted, is picked up? I hope it doesn;t take as long as it did to
clean the trash from my primary home. Will a lien be placed on the clean up
company?

Anyway, like I was saying, I want to see Mr Hunnicutt today, but, had to
settle to sign off on an unnofficial form in the Redevelopment office,
because Mr. Hunnicutt's office was not seeing us today. Per the ladies in
the Redevelopment office, it seems as though Mr Hunicutt has not yet decided
what all information will be required of us dumba$$'s. In the interim,
people were pouring into the parish since last Friday, in an attempt to have
their properties removed from this blasted list.
How dare Mr. Hunnicutt refuse to see people today - - he is supposed to
work for us, not against us!. If the parish council really has concern and
compassion for their constitiuents, then I ask them to publicly chastise Mr.
Hunnicutt - - demand public apologies! His action, or, lack of it, today,
has only broadend the gap .
I know my plea will fall on deaf ears - - who cares about me - -joe citizen
taxpayer - -just keeping sending in those $'s and WE love ya! - - Just don;t
ask us to do anyhting that might help, or, even make sense.

Well, I've had it - after today, if there was any inkling remaining to
return to St. Bernard, I lost 'em all - - it;s time to get the Hell otta
dodge (St. Bernard). If anyone is interested, I have some investment
property to sell - - Oh yeah, I forgot, you can't rent 'em out - - Parish
leaders say that that wouldn't be a good thing for you to do. Imagine that
- -they're looking out for ya! Only your best wishes in mind!!

Good luck to all. See ya later. I'm outta here!

Charlie Fos