[StBernard] blighted list

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 14 00:44:35 EDT 2006

CB:

I understand your frustration, and truly believe that there are elected
officials such as Craig Taffaro who give more of their time than expected in
an effort to provide us with concrete answers. In some cases, it just isn't
possible and we are left to make our own decisions using whatever data we
have available to us. I have spent over $100,000 thus far to repair my home
acting on the assumption that others will either repair their homes and
return, or at the minimum, simply gut their homes, make sure that the front
windows of the homes are replaced (plexiglass is allowed), and their grass
is maintained. I personally do not think this is too much to ask,
especially if one of the benefits is the control of rodents and snakes. I
stand behind my original comments that the deadline is long past due, and
based upon the first-hand actions that I have observed, the establishment of
a deadline is having a positive effect for the entire parish.

We all have to make our own decisions, and I hope that whatever decision you
make turns out to be the best one for you. There is no right or wrong - we
can only act based upon the information we have, no matter how slow that
information is in coming.

JFR