[StBernard] Your action needed for Corps Reform!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 18 22:40:21 EDT 2006

July 18, 2006

Action Needed Today for Corps Reform

The Bond/Inhofe Amendment is the Poison Pill that will Kill Corps Reform!

Dear Member:

The Levee Failures of New Orleans taught us that reforming the Corps of
Engineers is essential. The Water Resources Development Act is our best
opportunity but Senators Inhofe (OK) and Bond (MO) are offering amendments
that pay lip service to reform and will promote wasteful and unnecessary
projects. We must flood Washington with phone calls in support of the true
reform offered by Senators Feingold and McCain.

1. Please call Senator David Vitter at 202-224-4623 and Senator Mary
Landrieu at 202-224-5824 today and then urge five friends to make the phone
calls as well.

2. Identify yourself as a constituent, and request the person who handles
Corps Reform issues. Ask to leave a message that you hope the Senator will
support the Feingold-McCain amendments to the WRD Act and will oppose the
Inhofe-Bond amendment.

3. Tell the aide that Feingold-McCain will guarantee peer review and proper
prioritization of projects. Tell them that Inhofe-Bond will maintain the
unacceptable status quo.

4. Ask the aide to contact you on how the Senator voted.

5. Make this call for both Senators then click here website
<http://www.democracyinaction.com/dia/track.jsp?key=80646687&url_num=1&url=h
ttp://levees.org/advocacy/called.php> so we can keep track of how many
calls were made.

Thank you for your role in helping New Orleans and Louisiana.

Sandy Rosenthal
Founder Levees.Org
www.levees.org
<http://www.democracyinaction.com/dia/track.jsp?key=80646687&url_num=2&url=h