[StBernard] Deadlines

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 20 23:07:17 EDT 2006

Rob, Laurie, and all,

I understand the concerns that you posted- keep in mind that the doors and
windows issue has been drastically reduced to the requirement of only the
front and the allowance of any clear material in the front windows and doors
can be of any solid material. The other doors and windows can be closed
with other materials. Also keep in mind that if there are a few broken
squares in a window and the majority is in tact- don't replace it if you
can't and just place something on it or just clean out any jagged pieces.

The cars and grass are definitely issues that are priorities and do coincide
with home clean up. It is very difficult to balance the requirements for
the whole parish with many sections progressing out of sync with other
sections.

Lastly, while I believe the push that the deadline creates is important,
from a practical standpoint there will be some time after the 29th deadline
before massive inspections are completed so it will buy some people a bit
more time.

The redevelopment is part of the challenge that we all face- the only people
who really stand to be penalized are those who continue to show no regard or
response to their property needs. If a homeowner is making strides to
comply I truly believe things will work out fine for them. But I do not
want to mislead anyone, the properties that are not waiting for the
volunteer groups (on the posted list), and which have not acted on the
property will be targeted immediately following the deadline date.

Thanks for your input.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig