[StBernard] title release

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jul 22 20:35:07 EDT 2006

"Thanks for all the info. Today I recieved a Notorized copy of a RELEASE OF
MORTGAGE along with a REQUEST TO CANCEL INSCRIPTION form. I am going to
bring this to the Clerk of Court and hope this will due. Last time I brought
a letter from the mortgage co. saying it was paid off but still got a copy
of the deed with the mortgage co. still listed on it. They told me the
mortgage co. had to release the title. Always seems that I'm going in
circles and jumping hoops. So tiring.
CASSAVEDO"

***CASSAVEDO, did you say that you got the mortgage mailed to you upon
payout and then you took that document they said to the Clerk of Court's
office to get a "free-n'clear" document from them?

Secondly, is the cost under $15 from Lena's office to get a copy of the deed
which shows it clear of the Mortgage company's name listed? I'm wondering
how long after they send out the document before attempting to go to the
Clerk's office (waiting period) so as not to have jumped the gun too soon to
get the mortgage release.

Thanks, mj.