[StBernard] La. Politics by John Maginnis: State to take over claims

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jul 22 21:18:16 EDT 2006

- "A representative of the insurance industry warns that a large
class-action suit by the state could drive insurers out of the market."

Trust me....a pure, unsustainable bluff. These are the very same threats -
and bluffs - the insurance carriers made in Florida over the past two years
- and none of them have left the Sunshine state.

The bottom line - if there is a buck to be made in Louisiana, they won't
leave the state. Besides, if any insurance carriers do leave, it leaves a
vacuum for new carriers to come in - that's the nature of business. Sure,
premiums might go up, but guess what...they're going to go up anyway even
with the present insurance carriers.

I sometimes wonder if they really think we still believe their phony
threats?

John Scurich
appraiser

> A representative of the insurance industry warns that a large

> class-action suit by the state could drive insurers out of the market

> And that is what infuriates me to no end: Them calling the shots thru

scare