[StBernard] title release

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jul 24 00:56:44 EDT 2006

MJ

I paid off my mortgage back in Jan. In May I went to the Clerk of Court to
get a clear title with a letter from Mortgage Co. stating the mortgage was
paid, but they said that the Mortgage Co. hadn't released it yet. I paid
about $12, to get a title with the Mortgage Co. still listed. I started
calling the Mortgage Co. every 3 wks trying to get the title release.
They kept saying the county hadn't released it yet. This Wed. the Mortgage
Co. sent me a RELEASE OF MORTGAGE form and a REQUEST TO CANCEL INSCRIPTION
form for me to bring to the Clerk of Court.
If we can get a day off of work this week, we'll take the 2 hour ride to the
parish to see if this will get us a clear title.
The price for a copy of your title depends on how many pages it is. I think
it is $1 or $2 a page. I'll let you know what happens.

CASSAVEDO