[StBernard] Need info

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 25 00:33:43 EDT 2006

Craig.

I own a house in Meraux. It's mostly gutted and had 30% damage even though
it had 8 ft of water but no structual damage. I still have not decided what
to do with it. I'm waiting on the LRA offer. My calculations, I'm not
getting anything because I had enough insurance to match the appraised price
of the house. I refinanced the house last year so I have no equity to
rebuild. I can not get into any more dept by taking a lean out against the
house because I have to pay three times as much for a new house in Picayune
and currently paying $1000 for rent in Marrero. The house in Picayune will
not be built for seven monthes. In this case, I plan on fixing house up to
sell or rent. But, this will take me a while, do to finances. I won't be
able to afford to hire someone to do the work so I will be doing most of it
myself which I am knowledgable of doing. The questions I have are:

1. What do I need to do first to get started?

2. What permits are needed to start? Price of permit?

3. What work am I not able to do myself do to licenses needed?

4. I'm also heariing that I need to get a permit soon or I will have to
meet new guidlines, what date do I need to get this by?

Thanks DJS