[StBernard] Statement from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco on the passage of U.S. Senate Bill 3711

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 2 01:30:27 EDT 2006

Statement from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco on the passage of U.S. Senate Bill 3711

"This is truly a great day for Louisiana and our efforts to protect and restore our fragile coast. The United States Senate passed a bill for the first time in its history that will share OCS revenues with Louisiana and the other gulf coastal producing states. This has been a long fight for our congressional delegation, especially Senator Landrieu who has worked closely with Senator Vitter and other Senators from across the country to achieve this victory. I hope this spirit of compromise continues and leads to a final bill that can reach the Presidents desk. Louisianas future depends on it."

###

Lousiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org