[StBernard] Survivors

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 4 21:01:35 EDT 2006

Westley,
I have a question that I really hope someone can answer for me. Please
don`t think me nuts for asking it after close to a year has passed but it
has been preying on my mind.
When Katrina was approaching one of the news stations was in
Plaquemines Parish talking to an elderly woman asking if she was going to
evacuate. She was defiant saying she stayed through Betsy and Camille and
she wasn`t leaving , she had her flashlight, food, and water. With all that
has happened I didn`t hear if she left or not. There was a gentleman in
Grand Isle that was just as stubborn and I heard that he did give in and
leave. If anyone recalls this and knows if she got out please let me know.
Also, a friend of mine sent me an email about, National Relief Network.
The Dream video on that site has part of Bernard , Sara and myself. We are
about half way through. I am in a lavender shirt and Sara is directly in
front of me. Caught me off guard the first time I viewed it. But it also
made me stop and give thanks because so many people didn`t make it.
The site is www.nrn.org click on about us and then Dream Video.
God Bless!!!
Tina Loze