[StBernard] planning commission to hear oil drilling case

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 5 19:47:25 EDT 2006

JMD, you haven't wasted MY time. Although your idea about a buffer zone is
plausible, it would be one that also might not happen. Intracacy of details
to create a 2 mile buffer zone or less (example, Paris Road to Murphy on the
west and Hannan Blvd or beyond on the east) would give appropriate distance
as might be acceptable by our wildest imagination, but the green space that
it creates would be massive enough that would be unaccepable by
leaders/Murphy. It would mean they would need to mitigate and negotiate with
landowners on a massive scale for the property (won't happen).

Also, with a land corridor so narrow from the 40 Arpent to St. Bernard Hwy,
for our parish, that would have the Meraux Foundation "deliver" their land
holdings over to be developed/populated. (won't happen when you consider
they will get TOP DOLLAR for their land offerings and homeowners won't wish
to pay exorbitant prices to build upon (would be in the range of the rich,
but hinder the poor to try and build in these "fancy gatehouse communities".

It would be ideal for me to get a buyout (won't happen) by Murphy.

Therefore, this depressed area is going to take a beating, until property
values regain their composure. With few people populating this area
presently, we can see one thing happening--and LRA buyout and subsequently
HUD move-ins. Hey, I'm not an expert but my eyes are wide open.

-=-jer-=-