[StBernard] Qualifying begins for parish races

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 10 22:59:58 EDT 2006

So any attempt to downsize the board would have to be done thru the
legislature? I just don't see why the attempt should not be made. It would
seem to be the prudent thing to do from a financial standpoint.

Probably the best thing Ken Odinet ever came up with as a
Legislator. In a
court battle with the school board, I still don't get their
reasoning for
fighting it other than preserving fiefdoms, a judge decided that the
board
had to stay the same or even increase in size, I'm a little fuzzy on
that
aspect.

Odinet wanted the school board to match the same size and makeup as
the
parish council. The existing school board and this judge didn't
agree with
him, so it was overruled.

Westley