[StBernard] Government Leaders

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 15 01:13:40 EDT 2006

I am sorry you feel this way. I applaud Junior for what he's doing, I do not
applaud, scandalous adulterer's, who are placed into the position of
protecting citizen's in the parish, that my loved one's and myself have been
apart of for decade's. I do not applaud the backwood's early 19th century
way things are ran, and the way personal decision's are made, for a
community of thousand's. And I do not applaud the fact only certain people
are entitled to control the whole St. Bernard population, and never have the
motive of trying to help the citizen's first and foremost.

Even reporter's now see it, the crooked way's of our government, the
scandal, the eye-opening ways of certain people with all the power. People
who have been in office for 20+ years, and did NOTHING to protect us from
this fear, we all knew was possible from the stories we grew up listening
too, about Betsy. They had the ability to have camera's placed upon the
entrance's of the parish, because of illegal activity, but they overlooked
the illegal activity going on within the same department's they were there
to protect us. Why wasn't the same motivation there to protect us from
Hurricane's? Why wasn't the motivation there to protect the elderly and to
evacuate the one's with no way out? Why weren't we as a community protected?
And why in the hell, are we still not protected?

And as far as stepping up to help, it's not possible until things change, it
is not possible, until the crooked way's and people who have remained in
power for year's on end are removed. The corruption and tie's are so wound
tightly, you cannot try to run for office and expect a fair chance with the
way thing's are...you want proof? The Meraux Foundation, the oil spill that
people tried to keep low-key, the fact that the same oil company polluted
our water supply, not once but twice, the fact that sheriff deputy's that
have no right to be on the street's from proven track record's..are not only
on the street's but still within the department, the fact the one of the
most crooked of all RUNS the parish, the fact's of not even being able to
get fair trial's unless you know certain people...the reason's are endless.

What I would applaud, is for the one's in control, to finally see what they
have been doing for decade's as wrong and unfair, I would applaud, for them
to finally now with a fresh start try to make amend's with their
wrongdoings, and finally fight for the parish, with flood water's ravaging
everything and conveniently paperwork being destroyed forever it was like a
blessing for them, for some proof that may not have been destroyed to
miraculously dissappear, how beautiful to step up to the plate and do things
right now...yet what a dreamer I am to ever think that would happen. I pray
one day, St. Bernard is a fixed and turned around place to be, I for one
truly miss it and miss the people that make it up, I will never come back
with the government at a local level what it is now, nor with their cronies
in their spots after the fact. A fresh start needs to be made, true fighters
who care for the people...Mr Taffaro, I believe you could be the hope for
the parish...I just pray you don't become one of them.

And I am not smearing anyone, I am stating fact's...and this being America,
and I personally knowing for a fact this is true, feel it right to state my
own opinion, come after me and attack me if you want. I am not afraid to
remind you of the way thing's are. It's not fabrication's, it's the way
thing's are done.

Bianca