[StBernard] Rebuilding question for Craig or anybody knowing.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 15 01:38:47 EDT 2006

Craig. A house I am working on located on Jacob and close to St. bernard
hwy had around 3.5 feet of water. The owner is not wanting to gut the
bottom half, saying its not moldy nor brittle. They are just wanting to
bleach the walls, clean, paint then replace outlets. I know it sounds
crazy, but there is no mold on the exterior or interior of sheet rock. We
did take a section of sheetrock out to see if mold was on the interior.
None. Question: What needs to be inspected before electric and gas is
turned on. Will they only want to inspect just the outlets or do they have
to see the interior of walls? Same with gas? Also, is Entergy and Atmos
doing the inspections or do I have to get my own electrician and plumber?

thanks, Joe