[StBernard] (Craig) elevation guidelines

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 15 23:17:31 EDT 2006

Lezlie,

You do not have to elevate because you were already compliant. As far as
the question about the electrical permit- you do not have to get a permit
because of your compliance.

With that being said, at some point in the future, the council may have to
adopt the Advisory Base Flood Elevations- the permit issue will then become
a requirement if you were damaged 50% or above to avoid any elevation
requirements.

The time frame for the adoption of the ABFE has not been determined.

The simple process is if you were 50% damaged, then having an electrical
permit filed will allow you to protect the buyer of your property from an
elevation issue.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig