[StBernard] Those were the days

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 17 22:41:54 EDT 2006

yes I can relate to your opinion, but I would have loved to see my children
grow up in a much better environment as far as the past represented. just
think, everything was just a little bit simpler. we didn't have to be
exposed to any and all chemicals that the powers that be keep reassuring us
is not bad for us. as far as protection I knew that I could go to ANY
neighbor's or relatives house and they would watch out for me and had my
best interests at heart. nowadays they could care less. as far as the
times at hand, no drugs rampaging through ALL neighborhoods, alcohol is so
prevalent and accepted that some people even put it in their baby's bottle.

when we grew up we knew that if we messed up not just in front of our
parents but even in front of the neighbors that we were at HIGH risk of
corporal punishment. and we didn't dare run home and tell mom or dad
because we knew that we would get it again. now the parent would probably
just go shoot the guy and tell the kid oh its ok little Johnny. no I dare
to contradict YOUR trane of thoughts. sorry for the rant but this touched a
nerve with me. GOD BLESS and KEEP THE FAITH born and raised in the sixties
and proud of it. oh by the way when was the last time you were greeted with
sir, maam, thank you, please from little Johnny?

Ben