[StBernard] Question about Oil Spill Area and Aug. 29th deadline

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Aug 21 21:05:20 EDT 2006

Craig,

You wrote " if you are demolishing the house then the gutting is not going
to be done by anyone through the parish volunteer program- there is no
gutting requirement for homes that are set for demolition." Considering
that it will be quite a long time for the parish to get to these demolitions
(if ever), I guess those of us coming back are going to have to keep looking
at these houses across the street from us until doomsday. I can understand
not wanting to completely gut if the house is being demolished, but at least
the refrigerator and the majority of the contents should be taken out. Still
looking at health hazards here, in addition to rats & snakes. And does
being on the demo list exempt the owner from keeping the grass cut or at
least sprayed with round up to kill the weeds ? If the parish doesn't get to
them, what time frame are we looking at as a requirement to get these
properties cleaned up ? Another year ?

Syl