[StBernard] arch of new orleans

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 29 18:54:11 EDT 2006

This is in response to the Archbishop's appearance on WWL TV tonight. As a
very large property owner, I don't know why it comes to a surprise nor a
disappointment to the Arch of New Orleans that part of managing vast
holdings of real estate and structures and contents, as well as best
practices in risk management for corporations, institutions, non-profits,
private sector, etc. INCLUDES a complete inventory of all owned assets.

I'm only surprised that the Arch was able to still get insurance coverage
last year that was not specific to any particular asset. Perhaps that is why
it was so easy to allocate insurance proceeds wherever the Arch leadership
wanted it to be directed because there was no correlation between any
particular insurance reimbursement and a particular piece of property, i.e.
there was no specific allocation for HHS, any St. Bernard church or school,
or St. Bernard Manor, for example, it was all one big asset.

So, hire a risk manager or a property manager or both, and take a
professional approach to managing church property whereby each property has
specific coverage, just like everybody else.

ddk