[StBernard] question for Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 30 21:06:54 EDT 2006

Two houses that abut the rear of my property and my neighbor (our homes are
being lived in) are on the "to be demolished" list. One house has been
gutted, but the other has not. Neither house has cut the grass in the rear
yards. The rat and snake problem is bad, not to mention the mosquitoe
problem from standing water in debris.

Are these owners exempt from cutting the grass because they are on the demo
list? Realistically, they could be on this demo list until the end of the
free demo program, which is a very long time.
Craig, how can adjacent property owners who are now living in their repaired
homes go about getting the parish to put a priority on cutting these
people's yards and charging it to the owners? Does it take a letter to
Public Works? Does it take submitting pictures to Public Works? Both owners
have purchased homes elsewhere and have basically abandoned the homes,
having done the minimum of getting on the demo list.

Anonymous