[StBernard] Murphy soil removal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 1 22:04:18 EDT 2006

Craig,

This is an issue with us too. We are repairing our double on Jacob Drive
near St. Bernard Hwy. The soil is above the recap standard considered safe
so it has to be removed and replaced. We can't seem to get Murphy to do it.

Like Jill, I was told they are doing it in the order that a person
settled. If they are only on January, we settled in May so we have a long
wait. It is stopping our progress. Many people that are not coming back
settled early on and are having their soil removed first. It doesn't make
sense. What about us, the ones coming back? This idiotic policy is stopping
us from progressing further, it's hampering recovery. I went to the local
Murphy office, called the various phone numbers until I'm blue in the face.
It's like trying to talk to FEMA. No one has any authority to do anything
about it. They all say they are sorry but they have no control over the
policy or how these decisions are made and it is out of their hands. They
blame it on the higher ups. Do you know any higher ups that you can talk
some sense into? Can you get them to see that this is a yet another lame
brain decision that is stopping the recover process to those of us actually
there and on the ground? It makes it really hard to come back to St.
Bernard when things like this are going on. Please help.

Laurie