[StBernard] Question about Oil Spill Area and Aug. 29th deadline

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 2 11:43:48 EDT 2006

Syl,

the grass is not exempt even if a house is being demolished and we are
pushing to have all houses pre-demoed, reagardless of the actual demolition
date. the predemo work removes the white goods and gets the house
disconnected.

the murphy oil spill issue is a field day for FEMA and the class action
attorneys. the judge in the case is leaning toward releasing all of those
homes for demolition that were reqested- then the next step will be to have
whatever forms FEMA continues to make up signed. the parish will begin
spraying lawns this week to get the weeds to lay down, but owners (or
neighbors) will still play a big part of keeping it that way. the shortfall
of the spraying is that is gets the weeds down, but not necessarily pulled.
If you have addresses to turn in please call them into 278-4217.

we are also going to try the route of condemnation and see if that flies as
well.

The voluntary demolitions not counting the 800 or so in the oil spill area
or the ones that have ownership issues should be done by the end of
September beginning of October.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig