[StBernard] Why wait? SB742 - Act 815

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 4 19:03:18 EDT 2006

I hesitate to even reply to this because it is such a sensitive subject.

I am a smoker. I started smoking in college with the odd cig or two in high
school. Most of my friends in college smoked also, some smoking other than
tobacco products. <g> I tell myself today it's my "informed choice" to
continue to smoke but the plain truth is I do enjoy it.

That being said, whenever I am out at a restaurant or such, if they allow
smoking I feel it's okay to do so. Now, I don't feel a need to light one up
every 5 minutes or so. Usually I can have a cigarette driving to the place
and get through a meal without the need to smoke. Now afterwards, I do
enjoy a cigarette with my coffee and Tia Maria or whatever.

If a restaurant changes to a no-smoking policy and I enjoy that restaurant I
won't be able to smoke there but it won't be a problem. If I can't get
through a meal without a cigarette then I guess I should only do carry-out!
LOL!

Perhaps a solution when the smoke-free policy is implemented is to create a
patio-dining option for smokers.

Just my 2 cents on it.

jly