[StBernard] Historic Structures/Parish Operations Mtg. of 8/28

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 13 20:32:34 EDT 2006

Wow, what a gem you saved! If you don't mind, when we--the St. Bernard
Parish Library--get back in business, we may be calling on you to get a
copy. Until we get a place to operate from and can go through the little
bit we tried to salvage, I won't be sure if we saved ours. I'm hoping so.
Many patrons enjoyed looking at the properties listed.

Also, does anyone know where Michele Buuck is? She had just re-released her
book on the Lebeau House Plantation. That's another one I lost personally
and am not sure about the library's copies. I'm pretty sure they were below
the water line.

Janet

Message for St. Bernard Parish Operations Committee and Gidget
McDougall:

I used to work for St. Bernard Parish Planning Commission and during
that
time one of our projects was a Survey of Historic Structures in St.
Bernard
Parish prepared for the Division of Historic Preservation, Office of
Cultural Development of the Louisiana Dept. of Culture, Recreation
and
Tourism and National Park Service in 1982. The document is over 700
pages
long, includes black and white photo documentation according to the
state's
Standing Structures Survey format, and is divided into 12 chapters
focusing
on different geographic areas of the Parish.

I kept a copy for my personal library since it was such a
significant
project. I would be happy to reproduce it for the Committee if you
think it
would be helpful.

Deborah Jan Fagan, AICP
Chief Planner and County Trail System Coordinator DuPage County, IL