[StBernard] Road Home program should work to pick up payout pace

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 14 23:47:34 EDT 2006

does any one know what icf is doing to earn $80,000.00 a day?
($87 MIlllion divided by 3 years)

--------------------------

ICF International Awarded Major Contract to Help Rebuild Louisiana Housing Infrastructure
Firm to Implement The Road Home Program to Reimburse Homeowners Affected by 2005 Hurricanes
Fairfax, VA, June 30, 2006 – ICF International announced today that it was awarded, through its subsidiary ICF Emergency Management Services, L.L.C., the first phase of a three-year contract to run The Road Home Housing Program for the State of Louisiana's Office of Community Development (OCD), valued at $87 million. Under the contract, the ICF team will provide outreach to homeowners and assistance with the application and eligibility process, in accordance with state guidelines, for qualified homeowners and small rental unit landlords.

"We are eager to help the citizens of Louisiana rebuild their neighborhoods and local communities," says Anita Rechler, an ICF senior vice president and national housing expert. "We understand the urgent need to assist the Office of Community Development in achieving its strategic goals of getting the money into residents' hands quickly, while helping to revitalize and rebuild Louisiana."

As a result of Hurricanes Rita and Katrina, more than 200,000 homes and rental units were severely damaged or destroyed, leaving 780,000 Louisiana residents displaced. In response, the State designed The Road Home, a housing grants management program designed to help the affected population repair, rebuild, or relocate by reimbursing as much as $150,000 to qualified homeowners and small rental unit landlords for their uninsured, uncompensated damages. The Road Home housing registry already exceeds 90,000 applicants, with more than 30,000 additional applicants who have not yet registered but are expected to qualify.

"The ICF team is committed to combining our deep program expertise in housing and community development, disaster recovery, and grants management to help restore the vitality of this great State. We are honored to be part of this noble effort," says Michael Byrne, an ICF senior vice president and chief program executive. "We intend to make The Road Home the national model for disaster recovery and community rebuilding."

During this first, four-month phase of the contract, ICF and its team will establish centers across the impacted area to both process applications and start to provide housing counseling and assistance to displaced residents. ICF and its team also will conduct a rigorous recruiting effort to employ Louisiana citizens in all phases of the program, as well as an extensive outreach campaign targeted to affected parties inside and outside of the state.

The ICF team includes key subcontractors who each bring their own strengths and perspective to enhance the integrity and proficiency of the program. The Road Home team members include Deltha Corporation, First American Title Insurance Company, Jones Walker, KPMG International, Microsoft, Quadel Consulting, Providence Engineering & Environmental Group, L.L.C., The Shaw Group, and STR, L.L.C.

For information on job opportunities, visit http://www.road2la.org/jobs. For teaming opportunities, visit http://road2la.org/Contact_Us/teaming.asp.

ICF International (http://www.icfi.com) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver consulting services and technology solutions in defense, energy, environment, homeland security, social programs, and transportation. Combining passion for our work with industry expertise and innovative analytics, we deliver compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from analysis and design through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF International has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 1,600 employees serve these clients worldwide.

For Immediate Release
Contact: Douglas Beck
1.703.934.3820