[StBernard] Anyone heard anything about this?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 14 23:53:19 EDT 2006

I just called State Farm and spoke to Kert Leblanc. He verified that wind
and hail will be excluded and covered under a separate policy on all new and
transfer policies. I also called the insurance commissioners office. It
looks like they are not going to fight State Farm. I just wasted money
renewing my homeowners on a flooded shell of a structure only because" my
agent told me that I could transfer the policy to the house that I am
rebuilding. Of course the new policies are $1100.00 more per year and I am
sure I will have three deductibles. Maybe I should cancel all of my
insurance, I paid homeowners insurance for 20 years on my Gallo Dr house and
got next to nothing on my claim. My adjuster said that he saw "no signs of
high wind anywhere in the area".

Are there any companies writing new policies?

Kenny O'Donnell