[StBernard] Murphy Buy Out

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 17 20:58:10 EDT 2006

Since no one else has heard or knows anything about this, here's what I
heard from someone whose neighbor on Ventura was contacted by a friend that
is a attorney. I'm sure that the attorney involved is only getting a start
to see which people he knows would be interested in what he's calling "the
first list for a buy out" even though he appears to be jumping the gun on
preparing a list, I'm sure that he's anticipating a considerable "fee" when
this, if ever becomes reality. I'm sure the $81. per sq ft he quoted the
homeowners was pulled out the air in his anticipation that if there is a
buy out, this would be a price lower than Murphy would agree to pay. Of
course he woud get another compensation from Murphy for getting these
homeowners to agree to the lower price.
As a homeowner in the area, my advice to others in the 3 block area that is
possibly involved in a future buy out from the refinery to beware of those
bearing gifts and to consider what it would cost you to relocate elsewhere
with the same amenities that you have now. Of course that's if you have or
are rebuilding your home and not left it abandoned. As far as I know he
only contacted someone that is not coming back.
It's unfortunate that some of those that have decided to not come back have
no regards or consideration for those of us that are coming back.
jdolese