[StBernard] URGENT: Make a Phone Call to save Corps Reform!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 26 08:59:24 EDT 2006

Dear Louisiana Members,

New Orleans has shown us why Corps Reform is necessary. Both the Government
Accountability Office and the American Society of Civil Engineers, a
respected independent association of civil engineers have sternly
reprimanded the Army Corps of Engineers for using substandard engineering
and for lacking an overall plan.

Don't let the Conference Committee neutralize the teeth of Corps Reform. The
House version of the Water Bill was passed pre-Katrina and before we learned
of the errors of the Corps. Fortunately, two members of the Louisiana
delegation sit on this crucial committee and YOU can make a difference!

Call your two Members of Congress today!

Senator David Vitter (202) 224-4623
Rep Richard Baker (202) 225-3901

1. Tell the staffer that you want to leave a message for the
Senator/Congressman.

2. Say this, "Please support robust peer review of Corps projects by
following the recommendations of the ASCE."

3. Tell the staffer you would like the Senator/Congressman to write to
you and explain how he voted. This final step is IMPORTANT.

Thank you for helping New Orleans and South Louisiana receive this most
basic of necessities - safety from flooding. For more detailed information
on the ASCE position click here
<http://www.asce.org/files/pdf/Ch9_WhatMustWeDoNext.pdf> .

Sincerely,
Sandy Rosenthal
Founder, Levees.Org

On September 27, 2006 Levees.Org will launch state chapters in Florida and
California. Check out our website for more details on this exciting advance
to our mission and goals.