[StBernard] Change Louisiana: Vote 1,2,3 on Saturday

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 29 21:47:31 EDT 2006

An important Election Day message from John Georges of ChangeLouisiana.com

Send a Message to America: Louisiana is ready for change.

It's as easy as 1,2,3

For too long, Louisiana has been held hostage by self-serving politicians
and special interests intent on helping themselves, not working for the
people. A lack of leadership produced failed levees and our eroding
coastline, resulting in the devastation of our state. Finally, the citizens
have said enough with the games, we need leadership now! It's time to Change
Louisiana.

The grassroots leadership of groups like Citizens for 1 Greater New Orleans,
Levees.org, Women of the Storm, the Business Council and Save America's
Wetlands pushing for reform at the State Capitol has resulted in a
monumental chance for the people to enact real reforms that will take the
politics out of protecting Louisiana's wetlands and keeping our levees
strong.

Amendment #1 dedicates federal oil revenues to the Coastal Protection and
Restoration Fund

Amendment #2 dedicates 20% of the state's tobacco settlement to coastal
protection

Amendment #3 creates the Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authorities
East and West to replace antiquated Parish Levee Boards

On Saturday, join me in voting "YES" on constitutional amendments 1,2 and 3
and show the rest of America that Louisianans are serious about change.
NOW.

John Georges

P.S. If you want to learn more about Amendments 1,2 & 3 or about any other
issues facing Louisiana, go to my website www.changelouisiana.com

VOTE SATURDAY! Polls are open 6am until 8pm!