[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - 18 Sep

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 30 19:31:08 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Monday, September 18, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

David Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 25
Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.

Community Development: Gina Hayes.
1. We have placed all eclectic permits into our data base computer system
that are error free.
2. We are preparing for residents to come in to be added or removed from the
demolition list.
Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl.
Curry reports:
1. Demolition continues.
2. The rain may delay us until Tuesday.
3. Tree cutting is being done in the right-of-way areas, private property
will begin with leaner and hangers.
Recovery: John Rahaim. Not present.
Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro. Not present.
Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. Tomorrow from 6:30 to 10:00 a.m. parish employees will be able to get a
free breakfast meal at McDonalds with their ID. They will open to the public
on Wednesday, September 20.
2. Breaux Mart plans on opening around September 28, 2006.
3. Winn Dixie on Paris Road are trying to open on October 12, 2006 and
working on also opening the Meraux location at later date.
Volunteers: Gidget McDougall.
1. We would like to thank our department heads, Fire department, and Public
Works for helping clean the second floor of the complex and the outside of
the building.
2. The tour commission meeting is being held Wednesday and meeting to
discuss a Halloween event.
3. I will be attending Thursday's meeting in Baton Rouge for the grant
funding from Hud as a recovery program.
Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner. Not present.
Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci. Not present.
EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.
Public Safety: Sheriff's Office. Pete Tufaro.
1. Answering all calls that come into the Sheriff's office.

Fire Department: Glenn Ellis.
1. Continuing answering and handling all calls for fires. We have received a
phone call that Enterprises Gas Plant in Toca will start up this morning at
8:00 a.m.
2. We also have a landing zone class this morning with Acadian for 9:00 a.m.

Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle. Not present.
EPA: Not present.
Murphy Oil: Carl Zornes.
1. On Sunday the plant lost power due to a lighting strike.
Parish Government:
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. This Saturday we have over 400 children staring with Soccer games that
will be held at Vista and Rebel Park.

General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, September 25, 2006, at 8 a.m.