[StBernard] Election

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 1 23:28:01 EDT 2006

Actually, considering what was on the ballot for St. Bernard residents, that
was probably not a bad number. Should it have been higher, you bet,
considering the first four amendments that were on the ballot.

However, for a little bit of comparison, the City of Thibodaux had to vote
for a mayor. Granted, there wasn't much competition, but there was still
only 3700 votes cast for mayor. If this had been a highly contested
election, turnout would have the key to winning.

Unfortunately, you can give people the right to vote, but you can't force
them to.

Westley