[StBernard] Rentals

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 5 22:23:30 EDT 2006

Being a landowner in Parish I can agree to what they are saying about
tennants..look what was occurring with mine. I don't know why they just
don't issue a limit on how many new rentals can be used as rental in
each area? Makes sense just to limit amount that can have as rentals.
Of course either way..St. Bernard has a grave challenge ahead of them.
I feel bad for leaving a Parish that had 6 generations of us there. I
just do not feel safe with levies and can't throw money away. They
should have concentrated most of their recourses doing something to help
their residences from flooding vice constantly waiting on FEMA money for
anything and everything they do...No one there has discussed perhaps new
levies..in different places around the parish to prevent whole parish
from going under. Could have sections like Violet canal, Meraux,
Chalmette, Arabia levies across from river to 40 arpent anything but
biggest concern FEMA picking up trash, FEMA paying their salaries, FEMA
this and that. Never see city employees out on street working!!
OOPPS!!!FEMA didn't pay for it...

Claire