[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 6 19:00:29 EDT 2006

Well said! I agree with you. This ruling is no different that placing in
effect a moratorium on new construction or development. I think all would
agree that we want what we had before Katrina--family neighborhoods. I
read/heard that someone said we were afraid that a large number of Hispanic
folks would move to St. Bernard. That person obviously doesn't realize that
a big part of our population is already of that descent! As a matter of
fact, if it weren't for our Hispanic ancestors, we might not be here!

I support our council for doing their best to preserve our quality of life.
Thank you for doing whatever it takes to make sure St. Bernard is once again
the kind of community we all treasure.

Keep up the good work, and please let us--the returning residents of St.
Bernard know what we can do to help.

Janet