[StBernard] wireless internet and Christmas VBS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 6 19:06:36 EDT 2006

LOL I guess, Janet, it is good that 'kids are not her favorite thing' while
she is in college. I am looking forward to that stuff in a few years myself
(or dreading?).
VBS will be on Friday, December 22, I believe the time will be 9 to 3 or
something around those hours.
Potty trained and up, and high school kids are invited to help and will earn
service hours.
Pastor Jim from Gethsemane will lead this, of course, so you know it will be
great, full of fun and lots of music. Thats his thing.
Christ the King Lutheran church in Kenner has a great social ministry team,
and they are committed to come and help us to make sure there are
sufficient adults. They also plan to bring gifts and goodies for the kids,
as they had a Christmas present event for Gethsemane kids last year at their
location. This year they come to us and will put smiles on all the kids
faces who come to vbs. We are blessed to have them partner with us this way
as our own membership is of course much smaller. However, there are plenty
good souls lending many hands, as they did for Camp Noah and VBS in the
summer, and they keep in touch.
God Bless, our parish is alive.

Gaby