[StBernard] predators

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 9 20:48:19 EDT 2006

Reading with interest the post from Bobby Jindal about the sexual predators,
and remembering the reports of increased presence of such monsters in our
parish without being able to track them. Frightening indeed.
Some days seem so bleak and depressing when I wonder what this parish is
coming to.
At the end of our street, dead end at Florida Ave, there is 'dumping, and
not only garbage. When checking on who is dumping and trying to catch a
license plate, I walked onto something even more disgusting: a public
bathroom, and I mean PUBLIC. No privacy, standing up AND sqatting. It seems
to be more prevalent since the porta potties have disappeared and
contractors dont seem to feel it necessary to provide their workers with a
'place to go'.
Even in the CHURCH parking lot, there was human pile, near the breezeway.
This is not only disgusting but a health hazard as we have kids coming to
worship on a weekly basis.
Not only human waste, even worse:
in the tent we found one of our tables crushed, leg bent from apparently a
lot of weight. All the clothes had slipped to the floor, but they were NOT
heav y enough to cause this. Then we found the culprit: a condom wrapper on
the floor and a black used condom at the tent entrance!.
I guess God was watching. We consider security cameras to deter such
(possibly commercial?) activity on our grounds.
Guess I have to place garbage containers with Red Hazardous Wastebags in the
donation tent now. What a shame. This does NOT feel like our parish on such
days.
Then again, we are back, rebuilding, have a great supportive council (for
the majority anyways) and will continue to fight for this parish's survival
as a family oriented place to live a life.
Not giving up yet. (oh, and the copper wires were stolen from the church as
well, so STAY AWAY there is nothing else to get. We are tr ying to rebuild
but keep getting thrown backwards in our efforts)
Gaby