[StBernard] Demo Deadline

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 10 10:14:03 EDT 2006

Craig or Wesley,

I live in the oil spill area. I have now gotten the new ROE form signed
but need to turn in it to the Public Works department to have my home demo.
I called Public Works yesterday to inquire what is the deadline for those in
the Murphy Oil spill to get the nesseccary paper work in. I was told by
that office there is no deadline at this time. Is this correct? I also,
hung up with that office and called the Office of Community Development and
was told the deadline was Oct 15. I told the lady in that office what I was
told and she called them and was told them same thing. I guess I want to
know WHAT IS THE DEADLINE for those in the oil spill area. Also, how can
the deadline be a Sunday and the office is not even open that day. I was
told that you would need to get your paperwork in by Friday, Oct 13.

I know since I signed up to have our house demolished on Aug 29 the rules
changed on what forms needed to be filled out and a required letter from an
attorney's office. So is the deadline different. Those in the oil spill
area where not given that much time. I do not think this was even the
newspaper. I told a few neighbors who did not even know anything about the
new ROE form and the attorney's letter.

We met yesterday with the LRA and I really would like a house still standing
when the inspector comes out in the next few weeks.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Kriste Buck