[StBernard] Demo Deadline

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 10 19:14:03 EDT 2006

Kriste, I've experienced what you face.

Rules changing by the minute. However, with Murphy's new logic (yeah,
right)..I went to Sal Gutierrez's office (504-277-7755) and signed necessary
papers, then I brought them over to the community development (I suppose you
can have them registered mail to them with the documents that Sal will give
you).

You also should check with the Torres Oil spill team to make sure they have
all necessary documents from you (mortage info/Bill of sale, description,
driver's license, and any insurance proceeds, etc. paid to you, and other
stuff.

I was told by Sal the deadline was the 15th. However, it could be extended
still, or call Community Dev. To get exact day whether Fri or Sunday.

Best, --jer--

Craig or Wesley,

I live in the oil spill area. I have now gotten the new ROE form signed
but need to turn in it to the Public Works department to have my home demo.
I called Public Works yesterday to inquire what is the deadline for those in
the Murphy Oil spill to get the nesseccary paper work in. I was told by
that office there is no deadline at this time. Is this correct? I also,
hung up with that office and called the Office of Community Development and
was told the deadline was Oct 15. I told the lady in that office what I was
told and she called them and was told them same thing. I guess I want to
know WHAT IS THE DEADLINE for those in the oil spill area. Also, how can
the deadline be a Sunday and the office is not even open that day. I was
told that you would need to get your paperwork in by Friday, Oct 13.

I know since I signed up to have our house demolished on Aug 29 the rules
changed on what forms needed to be filled out and a required letter from an
attorney's office. So is the deadline different. Those in the oil spill
area where not given that much time. I do not think this was even the
newspaper. I told a few neighbors who did not even know anything about the
new ROE form and the attorney's letter.

We met yesterday with the LRA and I really would like a house still standing
when the inspector comes out in the next few weeks.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Kriste Buck