[StBernard] The best thing to do takes just 30 seconds

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 12 21:16:53 EDT 2006

Dear Members,

Levees.Org recently launched a Florida and California Chapter and not a
moment too soon.

The Director of the International Hurricane Research Center just announced
that Lake Okeechobee and the Florida Keys
<http://www.insurancebroadcasting.com/092906.htm%231> are the 2nd and 3rd
most vulnerable areas in the US at risk from hurricanes in part due to
Corps-built levees. And the Corps just announced that 70 miles of levees in
California <http://www.kcra.com/news/10058654/detail.html> that do not meet
federal standards.

Only Congress can authorize monies needed for hurricane and flood protection
and direct the Corps' work. So if we want our nation's Congress to hear our
voices, we must grow our national membership to 10,000 people.

Please help by simply asking your family, friends and networking resources
throughout the USA to take 30 seconds to click and join Levees.Org today.

Send this link www.Levees.org/join <http://www.levees.org/join> to everyone
you know. It takes only 30 seconds to click and JOIN, and that's the best
thing you can do.

Thank you,
Sandy Rosenthal
Founder, Levees.Org