[StBernard] LRA Appointment

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 18 18:30:07 EDT 2006

I had applied online just before they had their computer issues. We
received a phone call to set up our appointment within a week if I remember
correctly. They called us on September 2nd and we went for our appointment
the following Friday. We spent about 3 hours there and that was with my
having all of my paperwork. They were very thorough about collecting info.
It took a couple of weeks for the inspection step and now we are waiting for
their proposal. Our case worker said to call if we haven't heard anything
by mid to late October.

I have to say, out of all of the people/ government folks we have dealt
with, the person who handled our case seemed to be on top of things. Very
thorough, courteous, and most importantly willing to go and ask questions if
she was not sure of an answer. I'm not sure if they all do this, but she
gave us a folder with her contact info as well as a CD with everything they
scanned on it. I was impressed with our visit. It felt like someone
actually knew what they were doing!

Janet