[StBernard] Melancon Versus Romero

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 26 19:05:04 EDT 2006

Bob, one other thing I should have commented. If the best the Melancon
campaign can do is try to kick up something on Romero that's over 20 years
old...good luck because that dog ain't gonna hunt in the mind of voters. On
the surface alone it almost comes across like desperation if you need to go
"that far back" to dig up something on your opponent. I think people will
realize that. Voters are always much more concerned with "recent" voting
records or recent activities by an incumbent. Romero's campaign staff can't
possibly have that bad of memories. I'm sure before election day we will be
hearing and seeing a lot about Melancon's free trips from the lobbyist, rest
assured. Such is the nature of campaigning.

John Scurich