[StBernard] St. Bernard expels roadside vendors

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 1 20:32:10 EST 2006

I couldn't agree more. Let's support the businesses that are ours
and are
coming back.

Oh yes, strongly agree. Although we utilized some of those 'wagons' at
first, I much prefer 'real' businesses. That vendor near our church (or
should I say ON our church ground) caused our regrown lawn to be destroyed
as there is a dumpster and deep tire tracks from emptying it. My repeated
requests to the dumpster company to place this thing elsewhere went
unanswered.
The 'traffic' due to this vendor is getting totally out of hand, cluttering
our parking lot, our pastor's son's dog being stolen out of the yard,
remnants of sexual activity in the tent with dirty condoms left behind as
well as a broken table, and increased theft out of the building. Strangers
walk over from there into the church building and look around what
volunteers and contractors are working on, checking out tools and supplies,
right under their nose. Unbelievable.
I am not saying this is the vendor people, but the increased traffic due to
that vendor there. It is annoying. Plus our parking lot is used for
commercial business, not approved by us as we are nonprofit.
Thanks, parish, for cleaning up.
Gaby