[StBernard] Greetings from Shanghai: An e-postcard from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 3 21:44:37 EST 2006

We are setting the stage for more opportunities in Louisiana. Synfuel, a business that announced their interest in Louisiana not too long ago, greeted us in the airport here in Shanghai along with a number of public officials. I met with Mayor Han Zheng and Jinshan District President Hao Tiechuan and our delegation attended a signing ceremony between Synfuel and Chemtura, formerly Uniroyal. We look forward to seeing the same relationship develop between Synfuel and Ascension Parish as the company builds a coal gasification plant in Louisiana. Our state has one of most extensive stores of lignite coal available. It! will be mined in Northwest Louisiana, impacting multiple ports along Red River, and processed in South Louisiana. We continue to pursue new investments and strengthening relationships forged during this Administration with top international business leaders. Stay tuned for more.

- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco