[StBernard] Freebie Tip for Parish President Contenders

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 4 00:33:11 EST 2006

Anyone thinking of running against Junior in next year's Parish President
race, look at the following:

In a supplemental report filed in 2006, Junior lists six loans received for
$17394.00 back in 2003. Why so late?

In his 2005 annual report, he lists $38,450 in contributions, but doesn't
know who they came from? He has $12,518 in expenses with 19 out of 35
checks listed as unknown, including one for $4800. Let's not even look at
the fact that six checks are listed in one row, but only five corresponding
values to go with the check numbers.

What good is a finance report if all it lists is "various" and "unknown"?

In today's modern era, I think the State Ethics Board should require all
filings to be done electronically. Even if the candidate isn't computer
savvy, they are not preparing the reports anyway, so why not force them to
use someone computer savvy enough to prepare the filing electronically.

If Mr. Turner, the CPA that prepared Juniors report isn't computer savvy, I
sure wouldn't want him as my CPA, no matter how good he is.

Not that I was looking for dirt on Junior, I just wanted to see if there was
any report of who went to his fundraiser a few months back. Looks like
we'll have to wait until February 2007 when he files his 2006 annual report.
Hopefully it will have a bit more detail than the current one.

Westley