[StBernard] Greetings from Hong Kong: An e-postcard from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 5 20:11:06 EST 2006

What a week! Our trip began with a meeting with auto manufacturing executives in Tokyo and leaders behind the Shintech development coming to Louisiana. Then we headed to Shanghai for productive meeting with Synfuel executives. There are opportunities abound; we are not only in a global market, but a competitive one as well. That's why it is so important to be here in person. You can't win the economic development game if you're not on the field. We have to aggressively pursue these projects if we expect to get anything done for our citizens. We are including every region of our state in our hunt for major economic dev! elopment projects and we invite business leaders to come visit us in Louisiana. It is important for us to work with individual companies to "match" them with available sites that fit their needs and to keep local leaders and citizens involved in this process.

- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco