[StBernard] Governor Blanco's statement on the passage of Constitutional Amendment 7

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 8 21:20:15 EST 2006

Governor Blanco's statement on the passage of Constitutional Amendment 7

"Congratulations Louisiana! We stood together in precincts across our state. The result is clear: Louisiana supports common sense reform. It transcends politics and demands accountability.

"I joined citizens groups, local organizations and New Orleans leaders in actively supporting Constitutional Amendment 7. It creates an efficient, streamlined and well-managed government. Consolidating Orleans Parish assessors from seven to one means residents of Orleans will no longer experience widely varying assessments within the parish.

"As we continue to rebuild our communities, our people are demanding accountability and fiscal responsibility by government at all levels. It's not about politics; it's about getting it right."

To download and an audio file of Governor Blanco's statement, click here: http://www.gov.state.la.us/assets/docs/newsrelated/Amendment7yes.mp3 <http://www.gov.state.la.us/assets/docs/newsrelated/Amendment7yes.mp3>

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org