[StBernard] road home appointment

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 9 22:29:07 EST 2006

Judy, I have come to the conclusion that they just don't care. At least not

enough to do anything about it. I have a large metal container, the kind
that goes on top of a train, in the street in front of my house. And people

are dumping roofing debris and also about 50 tires from trucks and cars are
appearing. Every day it is more and more. I think because it is a dead end
street they just don't care enough to go to the trouble. I have called URG
and they pick up what they can but the other stuff I just call the
complaints department. I get someone who says they will turn in the
complaint, but still nothing happens. I am on top of it and I keep calling
but still nothing. Most of the time I get a recording that tells me to
leave a message, they don't call back. I'm pulling my hair out and wasting
my time trying to get anything done there. I can't even start on this
project of repairing this house until this stuff is gone. It is in the way
and limiting access to the house. I guess I will eventually be put on the
involuntary demolish list because it looks so bad but I'm trying and it's
beyond my contol at this point. It is on the parish and they won't do their

part. It's very frustrating. I have even tried to hire my own person to move

this debris but they tell me there is nowhere to bring it. Some have
suggested I let them just bring it and dump it somewhere else on someone
else's property. I said no to that, not wanting to just pass it off to
someone else as their problem. That's not right. The parish is not leaving

me much choice. I'm getting tired of the run around. It's been more than
enough time and I have been patient enough. One or two families are now
living on this street and I feel bad for them to have to live with this. My

house would be one more that could be well on it's way to back to normal if
they the parish didn't have my hands tied. I can't even cut the grass there
because of all the debris that people keep dumping and then it's not getting

picked up. I'll ask one more time, can anyone help me also?

Laurie