[StBernard] [LANDRIEU] Happy Thanksgiving / Watch Sen. Landrieu on TV Monday

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 22 23:57:26 EST 2006

November 22, 2006

Dear Friends,

Happy Thanksgiving from all of us on Senator Landrieu's communications
team. We wish you nothing but the best as you share the spirit of the
holiday with your loved ones.

After the Thanksgiving weekend, we wanted you to know that Senator
Landrieu will be again traveling to New York City, often considered the
media and financial capital of the United States. There, she will continue
to build support for the Domenici-Landrieu Gulf of Mexico Energy Security
Act (S. 3711), which the Senate passed with a 71-to-25 bipartisan vote this
summer. The bill opens 8.3 million acres of the Gulf of Mexico to new oil
and gas production and dedicates 37.5 percent of the revenues to wetlands
restoration, levees and flood control in Louisiana and other Gulf Coast
states.

Senator Landrieu will be meeting with the influential editorial board
of the Wall Street Journal as well as other journalists and industry
analysts. On her last trip to the city, Senator Landrieu convinced the New
York Times to reverse their position and support the Domenici-Landrieu bill.
With their support, and that of President Bush, we hope that the House of
Representatives will bring up and pass this vital legislation in the
remaining "lame duck" session of Congress beginning December 4th.

You can catch Senator Landrieu on television when she discusses the
bill on CNBC and Bloomberg, live from the New York Stock Exchange. She will
also sit down with Jon Scott of FOX News to discuss her role as a moderate
centrist in the new Democratic Congress.

We hope you will tune in:

FOX News Channel
"FOX News Live"

Monday, November 27, 2006
8:00 a.m. CST (9:00 am EST)

CNBC
"Power Lunch"

Monday, November 27, 2006
11:30 a.m. CST (12:30 pm EST)

Bloomberg Television
"Money & Politics"

Monday, November 27, 2006
4:00 p.m. CST (5:00 pm EST)

Please check your local cable listings for the channel number in your
area.

Best Wishes for the Holiday,

Adam M. Sharp

Communications Director