[StBernard] Construction to Begin on New State-Of-The-Art Hospital in South Cameron Parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 30 23:13:46 EST 2006

Craig,
Is this the route we would have to go to get a hospital back in the Parish;
a public hospital?

JLY

Construction to Begin on New State-Of-The-Art Hospital in South
Cameron Parish

CREOLE, La. (November 29, 2006)- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco,
the Louisiana Recovery Authority and Cameron Parish officials announced
today that construction is set to begin on a $22 million new state-of-the
art facility to replace South Cameron Memorial Hospital.

"Construction of this new facility is absolutely critical to
ensuring Cameron's long-term recovery and future growth," said Governor
Blanco. "This is yet another symbol of the tremendous progress we're making
across South Louisiana and proof that the intense winds and raging
floodwaters from last year's storm are giving way to safer homes, stronger
schools and hospitals and smarter communities."

A conference call with members of the working media will be held at
10 a.m. today to discuss the project. To participate in the conference call,
members of the working media should dial 1-877-278-8686 * and enter the
participant code 135840.