[StBernard] Your LouisianaRebuilds.info Newsletter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 30 23:44:59 EST 2006

Louisiana Rebuilds.info Your first stop on the way home

LouisianaRebuilds.info <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info> is an
information web portal that is your central source for rebuilding and
planning information and links to resources both in Louisiana and around the
country.

Homebuying Opportunities

With rents rising, many renters are looking for other housing options. There
are many organizations dedicated to helping renters become homeowners.
LouisianaRebuilds.info has added a new section, "Buy a House
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/?q=buyahouse> ," featuring links to these
organizations as well as loan programs, homebuyer training, and other useful
information.

Contractor Information Page
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/images/line.gif>

According to state and FBI officials, contractor fraud is becoming a fast
growing problem in the hurricane affected region of Southeast Louisiana.
Unlicensed contractors from around the country have arrived in the Gulf
Coast after Hurricane Katrina and Rita and are preying on homeowners anxious
to repair their homes and, in many cases, have never hired a contractor
before. Louisana Rebuilds has compiled a comprehensive Contractor Guide that
covers everything you need to know about finding, hiring, and negotiating
with a contractor as well as how to avoid contractor fraud.

Click here <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/?q=contractor> for more
information.

Updated Moving Home Guide
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/images/line.gif>

Moving back home after being displaced by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita is
challenging - but it can be done successfully. In order to reduce the level
of stress associated with making and carrying out a plan of action, you need
to have a real-time snapshot of the city you're returning to and a list of
services and resources available to help your transition.

The hurricane affected cities and towns have changed in many ways. Many of
the places we are used to having access to have moved or have not reopened,
phone lines are still not active in some areas, and public agencies and
organizations are backlogged with requests for information and assistance.

Click here <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/?q=node/1425> to see more.

News: Five-City Teleconference
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/images/line.gif>

The United New Orleans Plan, with support from the nonprofit AmericaSpeaks,
will convene an unprecedented five-city Community Congress Dec. 2 to allow
displaced New Orleans residents to help prioritize the infrastructure
investments needed to rebuild the city.

The Community Congress will use interactive TV to link participants
attending events in New Orleans and four other cities with a lot of New
Orleans evacuees: Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Dallas and Houston.

Read More
<http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.com/uptotheminute.cfm?recid=7308&userID=0
&referer=dailyUpdate>

News: Road Home Applications Now Accepted by Phone
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/images/line.gif>

Facing intense pressure from Gov. Kathleen Blanco to speed the processing of
Road Home rebuilding grants, administrators of the high-profile assistance
program announced Wednesday that homeowners can complete their applications
by phone.

The change takes effect immediately.

"We want to ensure that all eligible homeowners are able to apply,
regardless of their comfort in accessing the Internet or filling out a paper
application," said Mike Byrne, the program's chief administrator.

Read More
<http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/neworleans/index.ssf?/base/news-6/116305767731
3000.xml&coll=1>

Featured Story
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/images/line.gif>

Louisianarebuilds.info <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info> is collecting
the personal stories of Louisianans who are rebuilding their lives, homes,
and communities. Whether you are searching for answers, need an outlet for
your own rebuilding experience, or you want to share lessons learned, please
share your story with the online community of LouisianaRebuilds.info.
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info>

Here's a recent story from Michelle of Chalmette, LA:
My family had an unimaginable 2005...I was pregnant with identical twins and
had to have an emergency C-Sectionin April 2005. One of our sons had no
heart beat so the doctors had to deliver at 27 weeks. Our son Kade who did
survive was 1 lbs 6ozs. He was in Memorial Baptist for 4 months--everyday
was touch and go. During this time, we had to plan a funeral for our son
Kole who was 2 lbs. 6ozs. Initially we put off his funeral for 3 months
because we were not sure if Kade would make it and we did not want to have 2
funerals. During this time, Hurricane Katrina was coming and we had to make
a decision about who was going to stay with Kade at the hospital and who was
going to take our daughter and evacuate. Me being the over protective
mother, I decide to stay with Kade.

Read More of Her Story by clicking here
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/stories/?storyId=5798596> .

Share Your Story
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/images/line.gif>

Do you want to tell your story? Please, take a minute and share your story
with other Louisianans now.

Share Your Own Story
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/shareyourstory/?lk=5430994-5430994-
0-24311-REBelJ24v6cVVZbk9Hixg1qRgpH3ePL1>

Read Other Stories
<http://louisianarebuilds.grassroots.com/stories/?lk=5430994-5430994-0-24311
-REBelJ24v6cVVZbk9Hixg1qRgpH3ePL1>

Visit the site LouisianaRebuilds.info <http://www.LouisianaRebuilds.info>
today and set a bookmark so that you won't miss any of our upcoming
announcements and rollouts. Don't forget to tell your friends