[StBernard] Gutted yet abandoned

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 1 21:12:42 EST 2006

Some of us had our homes gutted, any yes, they are still abandoned but so is
every house in our neighborhood. My house sits waiting to be demolished.
If we thought that the area, Buccaneer North, was coming back we may have
made a different decision, but in the beginning all we heard was Buccaneer
North was going to be green space, green space, after we decided to relocate
permanently we found out that they did not have enough money to buy us out.
Now we sit and wait for the Road Home program, of which we may not receive a
dime At least the debris is gone and the grass is cut, I do see your point
if there are other homes being rebuild on a street, but if no one is coming
back to that particular area, WHAT THE PROBLEM???

Dianne