[StBernard] LRA Buy-Outs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 7 14:21:27 EST 2006

Craig,

I respect the fact that you can't comment on the rental property situation,
however we can. I think it's important for us to let you know that we
support what you and your fellow councilmembers who supported the rental
restrictions. Anyone who truly thought about it, should have realized that
our council--most of it anyway--were and are trying to preserve the quality
of life of St. Bernard. Real estate ads run with lines that say just what
you said--folks can purchase homes with notes comparable to rent. For folks
who haven't noticed that, check out the O'brien's ad in this week's St.
Bernard News.

I can't remember who said it, but I remember reading/hearing that it's not
that we are trying to keep folks out, but rather have them invest in St.
Bernard on a long-term basis. And if you are a homeowner, you are much more
likely to do that. I think that's something we all can relate to. Our
homes are our sanctuaries. We want to return to that feeling--of safety and
security. To do that, we need St. Bernard to remain the way it was before
Katrina--a family oriented community where families live around the corner
from each other, kids grow up together, and everyone knows everyone!

Thanks Craig for trying to do what is right for St. Bernard. Sometimes you
can tell it's the right thing to do by how hard it is to do. Keep up the
good work!

Janet

Our council has the right to limit new construction when it endangers
services, infrastructure etc.